Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 065: Sunset I


Day 065:

I realized at this point, that after 64 days of 365 I had not published any skyscape pictures... considering it's one of the most potentially easier sights to capture. I say easier because the sky is predictable (we know that sunsets will happen around 6pm, and sunrises at around 530am), it is also readily present (we only need to look up at the sky to see it). The challenge is finding the right foreground and shooting the right message. Of course, I say these things, not to belittle the skyscape shots (because some are tremendously beautiful) but only as a note of experience, comparing shooting skies to shooting people.

I shot this on a trip to Alabang this weekend. We went there to go to a special mass, because it was a priest-family-friend's birthday. The power lines and lamp posts were just too irresistible to me, as the jutted out against the orange sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment