Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 090: Miniature I



Day 090:

Break from the mindfarts and reflections. :) An exercise in post-processing photographs.

A few days ago, I got curious. I browsed through a Canon shopping primer. In the lenses section, after the Zooms and Superzoom lenses, there was a special section for lenses they called "Tilt-shift" lenses. These were specialized prime lenses (17mm, 24mm, etc.) that had special knobs you used to shift the plane and path of focus, or tilt it. This is used for certain effects. I did a quick search on wikipedia and youtube. I was amazed. Look at this tilt-shift video. or maybe this explanation as to how it works. I was filled with geeky glee... until I saw the six-digit peso price on each one. No way man. A lens like that... I'll probably only use once or twice.

So I opted for an alternative. Graphic alterations via photoshop. With enough youtubing... you'll learn everything. I spent today, between the errands I had to do, looking for an appropriate "miniaturized" photo. I tried, in this photograph, to mimic how it would feel to shoot dioramas or models. Of course, it isn't perfect, but... hey this is the first try.

No comments:

Post a Comment