Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 083: Backgrounds


Day 083:

Today, we had our year-ender class party. One wild night. Among the more-than-a-few photos i took that night, this is one of my favorites. I'm particularly happy how I was (more out of luck) able to capture the right background light (these were flickering like they wanted someone to seize), with the right position of the performer. I actually have a couple more shots, some yellow, red, white or green. But I like this one best. Wonderful. Very happy.

A bassist.

I don't play the bass. But I love looking for the bass line whenever I listen to a song, whether it be orchestral-classical, rock, R&B or other genre. There's a special nerdy-giddy feeling when I actually find it. They're my favorite part of a band. I think they work with the most subtlety and finesse. They provide texture to music without drawing too much attention to themselves. They stay in the back, nodding their head to a slow beat they keep, shifting bass notes or chords as the melody steals the show. They rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment