Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 069: Strength


Day 069:

Today, I cried in class. Well, not cry, cry. Just some tears. Just a little bit of my emotional side slipping out. Couldn't help it! Our module was focusing on palliative care (in line with human development). And in the middle of the 4-hour lecture, CHILD House, a halfway house for children with life-threatening diseases came and gave us a short presentation. These kids were amazing. Stressed by CA, leukemia, and otherwhatnots I can't spell, they manage to smile and laugh. It makes me feel ashamed of bickering over the upcoming exam. Children shouldn't be facing issues like this.

These smiles are prime examples of inner strength. Amazing. 


[personal note: maybe I am a frustrated kyther. hahaha] I think CHILD House is actually facing a problem (at least according to the news). They welcome any help you can offer. Contact them at (+632)4142421.

No comments:

Post a Comment